18th June, 2016.
1. Return / Replacement / Refund Policy
All products sold on IDprop are brand new and 100% genuine. IDprop’s Returns policy covers the buyer against ‘damaged’, ‘mis-shipped’, ‘defective’ and ‘not as described’ products.
Buyers can raise a request for return, replacement/exchange or refund within the return guarantee period post order delivery which is 7 days for all categories.
Products sold by sellers have a 7 days Return Policy for all product categories apart from products under Furniture Category.
Managing Buyer Returns:
IDprop offers a streamlined process for returns management for smooth flow of returns for both buyers and sellers. We will notify you through email in case a buyer requests return of a product. Buyer will state the reason for return (in some cases will also attach images). If a buyer’s return is not convincing enough or does not fit the parameters specified on IDprop, returns can be rejected.
1.1. Return Request Raised
A buyer can raise a return request via IDprop buyer support or directly using self-serve on the IDprop website. You will receive an email notification when a return request is raised or a return is created by the buyer and you can view the same under all returns on the ‘Returns Dashboard’. On the Returns Dashboard, you will find the following return details:
· Order summary
· Status, quantity & price
· Return request date and respond by date
· Buyer details
1.2. Returns Authorization and Troubleshooting
Return authorization will managed by IDprop for all kinds of return requests- this includes validation of return request and the approval of genuine return cases.
One of the following will be chosen while accepting a return from buyer:
· Send buyer the new product and get old shipment back
· Send buyer the new product and let old shipment be with buyer
· Refund buyer and get old shipment back
· Refund buyer and let old shipment be with buyer
2. Buyer Returns (RVP)
Buyer returns can be created by the buyer after the product is delivered successfully. Buyer returns can be one of the two types listed below depending on the case.
2.1. Buyer wants a replacement:
If the buyer has received an item in a 'Damaged' or 'Defective' condition, or it is 'Not as Described' by the seller, he/she can request a replacement at no extra cost. Replacement is subject to availability of stock with the seller. If the product is out of stock, a refund will be provided to the buyer, no questions asked.
2.2. Buyer refund:
Under the IDprop Return policy, a refund can be provided to a buyer only if the buyer requested replacement cannot be done due to product unavailability with the seller.
3. Courier Returns (RTO)
Courier returns are returns which happen before the delivery of the product to the buyer. Following are the possible scenarios where RTO due to courier returns happen.
3.1. Buyer Not Reachable
· If buyer is not reachable after 2-3 attempts by logistics partner to deliver the package, seller can request to create a RTO (return to origin) in the IDprop system and, the order would be considered cancelled. If buyers still want to purchase the item, he/she should place a new order.
· If Logistics Partner returns the package as an undeliverable package, a full refund (including the shipping charges - if charged) will be automatically issued to the buyer.
3.2. Buyer Cancellation
· Buyer may request to cancel the order and an order can be cancelled before it reaches the buyer. If you fail to ship the products within the prescribed time limit, buyer has a higher chance of cancelling the order.
4. Charges on Returns
Return created due to ‘manufacturing defects’ would be addressed under this policy. Under this scenario:
Commission charged to you on sale will be reimbursed in case of refund.
Forward shipping fee will be waived for replacement.
Commission and Forward shipping charges will not be waived if the returns are the due to the fault of seller. This includes the following cases of damaged or missing items, incorrect shipment, item not as described, fake/expired products and used products. In these cases you’ll be charged for return shipping charges and commission will not be reimbursed.
5. Product Return Conditions
When are returns not possible for buyers:
· Any consumable item which has been used or installed
· Items that are returned without original packaging, freebies or accessories
· Products with tampered or missing serial numbers
· Defective products which are covered under the manufacturer's warranty
· Product damaged because of use
· Product received is not in the same condition as you shipped to the buyer
· Return request is made outside the specified time frame
6. Seller Protection Program
Sellers are protected under the Seller Protection Program against wrongful or foul action of buyers in case of returns. After a return is received, seller can raise a claim for Seller Protection Fund via contacting IDprop Seller Support. Following scenarios are covered under Seller Protection:
6.1. Unfair return request
Sellers can be protected from unfair return requests claimed by buyers. In such cases, the buyer shall not be entitled to any return/refund.
6.2. Buyer does not send the item after initiating return
If buyer does not send the item back, refund will not be issued to the buyer. At the time of authorizing a return, we ensure to carefully choose options like refund with/without shipment collection.
However, if the buyer doesn’t return all the products, the seller can claim for Seller Protection Fund, via raising the issue to Seller Support.
6.3. You received an empty package
Cases when the contents of the returned package are missing, or when the returned items received are not the items that were shipped by the seller.
6.4. Returned product does not meet return terms and conditions
Sellers are also protected via this policy if the returned items are damaged in the reverse transit or if the products
6.5. Suspect buyer abusing return policy
If you suspect that the buyer is taking advantage of the return process you can intimate IDprop on this issue so they can review the buyer and take necessary actions.
7. Guidelines to reduce returns
· Ensure your product is genuine and saleable.
· Ascertain brand/primary packaging is intact.
· Avoid mis-shipping.
· Ship the exact product as ordered.
· Do not forget to include product components/freebie in the package.
· Accept return requests to provide better buyer experience and improve seller ratings.
8. Disputes Resolution Policy
Generally, transactions are smooth at IDprop. However, there may be some cases where buyers and sellers face issues. At IDprop, we have a dispute resolution process in order to resolve disputes between buyers and sellers.
8.1. What is a dispute?
A dispute can be defined as a serious disagreement between a buyer and a seller in connection with a transaction on the website.
8.2. Reasons for Disputes
Disputes are filed as a result of disagreements between buyers and sellers. Disputes can be raised by either party with the other when complaints/issues are not resolved in their favor.
It is important that before buyers raise disputes, the buyer and seller should attempt to resolve the issues between themselves.
Also another VERY IMPORTANT factor is that, whenever a buyer raises a dispute, the seller’s payment for that order is put on hold immediately until a resolution happens.
The following are some indicative examples of potential disputes:
1. wrong item received;
2. item not as described;
3. damaged or seal-broken product;
4. part/accessory missing;
5. item not compatible;
6. seller description/specification wrong;
7. defective (functional issues); and
8. product not working and manufacturer says invalid invoice.
In case a seller rejects the return request of a buyer, and the buyer raises a dispute, then IDprop shall try and mediate between the seller and the buyer for a resolution of the dispute. If the dispute is resolved in favor of the buyer, then the buyer shall be entitled to a refund/replacement provided the buyer returns the product to the seller. If the dispute is settled in favor of the seller, the buyer shall not be entitled to any refund/replacement.
8.3. Reporting a Dispute
Whenever there is a disagreement, a buyer can write an email to info@IDprop.com and a seller can write to ss@IDprop.com (seller issues) in order to raise a dispute. A dispute can be raised at a particular transaction level.
8.4. Disputes via Chargeback
A chargeback (CB) may be issued from the PG/bank in the following situations:
1. Item-not-received CB -- it means a buyer hasn’t received the item. A refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies;
2. Unauthorized CB -- it means a buyer hasn’t done this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies. Sellers expressly agree that issuing correct and complete invoices is the sole and primary responsibility of sellers. Furthermore, sellers shall ensure that invoices state ‘Powered by IDprop’ and failing to do so, sellers will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable);
3. An item not as described -- it means the received item is not what a buyer expected. A dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.